Abstract Submission Period
Noon on Wednesday, January 8 – Noon on Monday, April 27 (JTC), 2020
- First Call: If you submit the abstract earlier (by the end of February), your abstract will be reviewed as priority and you will be notified of acceptance decisions by the end of March.
Submission of Abstracts
Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster* presentations. Abstracts must be submitted in English. The Congress Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted based on blind review. They will respect the authors' preference but reserve the right to assign the category and make the final decision.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee after each submission deadline. Submitted abstracts can be modified until the submission deadline. Abstract submitters can expect to receive notification regarding the acceptance of their abstract within 6 weeks (approximately) after the abstract submission deadline.
Abstracts may focus on:
- Fundamental research or clinical studies
- Literature review
- Case reports
Early-bird pre-registration of abstracts by presenting authors must be completed by the deadline.
* For poster abstracts, only nominated abstracts are required to present.
Requirements for Abstract Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details: Email address
- Author and co-authors' details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution/hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title word limit: up to 25 words
- Abstract text word limit: up to 300 words
- Tables, graphs and images are not permitted.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after their full words appear for the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Write numbers using numerals.
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
Abstract Topics: Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic. You will need to select the topic most suited to your abstract from this list.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the website only. Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Please note that there are no limits on the number of abstracts which can be submitted, however, each individual will be selected to present a maximum of two presentations (either Oral or Poster presentation).
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit all submitted abstracts for grammar, spelling and image resolution.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgment of funding sources of a commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study.
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the 2nd World Dysphagia Summit.
Please contact the Congress Secretariat if you don't receive a confirmation even after you have submitted your abstract.
Confirmation/Modification/Deletion of Submitted Abstract & Additional Submission
You can modify your abstract during the abstract submission period. The author ID and password will be required to access the page.
Congress Secretariat for WDS2020
c/o Congrès Inc.
Daiichi Seimei Bldg, 2-13 Shinsakae-machi, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 460-0004, Japan
Phone: +81-52-950-3369 Fax: +81-52-950-3370