Abstract Submission Period
Abstract submission opens: April 8, 2020
Abstract submission deadline:
13:00, November 30 (Mon), 2020 (Japan Standard Time, UTC+9)
17:00, December 14 (Mon), 2020 (Japan Standard Time, UTC+9)
*Abstract submission deadline has been extended.
Abstract Submission has been closed.
Thank you for your submission.
Application for Abstract (Paper/Poster)
- Select the style of presentation, either Free Paper presentation or Poster presentation.
- Select an appropriate category from the following list.
|01||Corneal stroma||02||Corneal epithelium|
※The same presenting author (oral or poster) cannot be assigned to more than one abstract.
Guidelines for Abstract Preparation
- Presentations, abstracts and presentation data must be prepared in English.
- The title should be no longer than 80 characters including spaces, affiliation should be concise and the abstract no longer than 1,600 characters including spaces. The shortened title should be no longer than 30 characters including spaces.
- The abstract should be structured with the headings - Objective, Subjects and Methods, Results, and Conclusions, in that order. For case reports and invention or improvement of techniques and devices, the headings should be appropriately changed (for example, for case reports, Introduction, Cases, Discussion and, if relevant, Conclusions).
- Methods, Results, etc. should be described clearly, with numerical values and the statistical analysis methods used, where possible. Invention or improvement of techniques and devices should also be described clearly.
- The Conclusion and Discussion should correspond to the Results described.
- Common names should be used for chemicals. Trade names should be given (……®) after the common names, if necessary (Example: timolol maleate [Timoptol®]).
- Declaration of conflict of interests is mandatory for author (presenter) and co-authors (co-presenters) (See below for details).
- On abstract submission system, please select whether you have obtained an approval of the ethics committee, e.g. IRB, or if it is not necessary. This does not need to be stated in the abstract text.
- Regarding an approval of the animal research and ethics committee,
e.g. IACUC, please select whether you have obtained an approval of the committee or not necessary on the abstract submission form. The author is not required to mention it in the abstract body.
- On abstract submission system, please select whether you have obtained an informed consent or if it is not necessary. This does not need to be stated in the abstract text.
- Abstract should be submitted via the website only, submitting the abstract by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Abstracts that have been or will be published or presented at any meetings prior to this meeting cannot be accepted.
- The content of the abstract and its description are equally evaluated by the review, and revisions and withdrawal are not allowed after the registration deadline.
- You may chose the presentation style (Free Paper presentation or Poster presentation) when you submit an abstract. However, please understand that the presentation style you chose may be changed to the other presentation style due to the reviews by the committee. Once the presentation style is determined, it cannot be changed for any reason.
- When the presentation includes part of the research conducted by multiple institutions, agreement of the persons concerned should be obtained, and the content of the agreement should be described in the Abstract.
- Meaningless rhetoric, prefixes (for example, Mr., Ms., Prof. and Dr.) inappropriate for academic papers, should not be used.
- Abstracts without data in the Results section, such as those that only state “will be investigated" and “we describe…," may be rejected.
- The number of authors is not limited. However, if the number is more than 13, please contact congress secretariat.
Conflict of Interest
When making a presentation at the 7th Asia Cornea Society Biennial Scientific Meeting, the authors have to report any conflict of interest. If the presentation is accepted, the category of conflict of interest and company names must be disclosed in the slide and poster for presentation.
A. Presentations to Which These Rules are Applicable
These rules are applicable to all presentations, including those in Co-Sponsored Seminars, Special Lectures, Invited Lectures, Symposia, Instruction Courses, General Presentations (including posters), etc.,
B. Report on Conflict of Interest at Abstract Submission
Report the potential conflict of interest with companies within the last three years no matter whether it's concerned with or without the content of your presentation. If conflict of interest is “present," enter the category and company names after each author's name in the entry field of “Conflict of Interest" on the abstract submission form. If conflict of interest is absent, enter “category N." Confirm the declaration is correct prior to the registration. Categories are as follows.
F (Financial Support):
In the case where research expenses are supported or free research materials (including devices) or services (including sample measurements) are provided by companies (*) through the organization to which the author belongs.
(*) Companies denote both related companies and competitor companies. This is also the case for all subsequent categories.
I (Personal Financial Interest):
In the case where the author is an investor in a company related to the chemicals and materials (including devices) used and services are provided.
In the case where the author is an employee of an interested company.
In the case where the author is currently, or was within the past three years, a consultant of an interested company.
In the case where the author holds a patent or is in the process of applying for a patent.
In the case where the author receives rewards (*) or travel expenses from a company related to the chemicals and materials (including devices) used and services provided.
(*) Rewards include salaries, travel fees, intellectual property rights, royalties, honoraria, shares, stock options, consultancy fees, lecture fees, expenses as a member of advisory committees and review panels, etc.
* Conflict of interest should be disclosed for the fiscal year during the previous three years when the author received the largest sum of money.
C. Disclosure in the Abstract and Slide
The presence or absence of conflict of interest to be disclosed for the author (including co-authors) will be automatically shown at the end of the abstract.
Slide and poster:
If the authors have to disclose any conflict of interest, the category and company names* should be described after the authors' names in the second slide and at the end of the poster.
* In the case of "Category P" (the author holds a patent or is in the process of applying for a patent), the company name need not to described.
If all authors do not have any conflict of interest to disclose, there will be a statement to the effect, “there is no conflict of interest to be disclosed".
Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact the conference secretariat for any questions by e-mail or FAX (not by telephone).
"Names" and "contact addresses" provided to us at registration for the meeting shall be used for the purpose of contact from the secretariat, notification of acceptance or rejection, and any information related to the presentation. In addition, the “presenters' names," “affiliation names," “title" and “abstract text" shall be used for publication in the program/proceedings and on the website, but not for other purposes. The registration process for applications has been commissioned to c/o Congress Corporation in order to facilitate management operations.
Notification of Abstracts
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the registered e-mail address around January, 2021.
*Abstract Submission has been closed
An e-mail will be delivered from the congress secretariat as confirmation of the receipt of your abstract. If you do not receive the e-mail even 3 days after the submission, please contact congress secretariat (email@example.com).
For confirmation, modification and deletion of your submitted abstract, please log in with “Abstract number” and password.
Congress secretariat of ACS2020
c/o Congrès Inc.
3-6-13 Awajimachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0047, Japan