Information for Chairs and Speakers
Guidelines for Chairs
1. Please take a seat in the front row of the room specially reserved for the next session's chair, at least 10 minutes prior to the session that he/she is scheduled to chair.
* For chairs of Moderated poster: Please come to Check-in Desk for chairs of Moderated poster in the Convention Hall A at least 10 minutes prior to your session.
2. As there will be no announcement or cue, please proceed to take the stage promptly at the appointed time and initiate the session. We request for your cooperation to ensure that your session proceeds according to the prescribed time limit/schedule.
Disclosure of Conflict of Interest (COI)
All oral and poster presentations are required to show a slide disclosing any potential conflicts of interest.
For oral presentation, please insert the COI slide in the second page of your presentation slides. For poster presentation, please place the COI slide at the bottom right of the poster panel. Please download the COI slide templates for the disclosures from the button below.
Guidelines for Speakers of Oral Presentation
1. All presentation must be made in the form of PC presentation in English.
2. Presentation timekeeping
- Please be punctual and carefully follow the allotted time limits.
- Illuminating orange lamp indicates one minute remaining and red lamp indicates the end of your presentation.
3. Next Speaker's seat
- When the presenter ahead of you takes the stage, please be seated in the Next Speaker's seat.
4. Notes on preparing your presentation data
- The resolution of the screen will be XGA (1024×768).
- Use only the standard fonts provided with Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows.
- Virus scanning in advance is desirable.
- Prepare your presentation on USB memory or on CD-R. Do not use CD-RW.
- Save your slides as a Microsoft7 or later for Windows file (ex.2003, 2007, 2010, 2013).
- Be sure that your file is compaible with Windows operation system.
- Sound cannot be used.
5. Notes for speakers with their own PC
- Remember to bring your own power adaptor and cables.
- Your computer must be equipped with a Dsub-15 pin video output .
(Thin PCs may not have standard output terminals.)
- Please prepare your slides with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- The PCs prepared by the secretariat will handle Windows and Macintosh versions of Microsoft PowerPoint only.
- Please avoid using KeyNote.
- In case of that you cannot connect to the projector provided by the secretariat, please bring a backup CD-R or USB memory containing the presentation file in a Windows or Macintosh version of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Presenters are responsible for determining in advance whether their laptop PC is capable of outputting video to an external display. This is especially important your presentation contains a large amount of data and audiovisual content.
- All energy-conserving functions such as screen-savers, sleep/power-saving modes should be disabled on PCs to be used in the presentation.
- Your password also should be inactivated.
6. Presentation file recepion and presentation format
- Speakers should preview their presentation and complete a run-through of the connection and operation at the speakers preview center in front of the Room1 (International Conference Room) on the 2nd floor of the International Conference Hall, at least 60 minutes before their sessions start or 30 minutes before if their sessions are scheduled in the first session of the day.
- Staff will be on hand at the speakers preview center to assist speakers.
- The speaker's podium is equipped with a PC. Speakers are asked to operate during the presentation by themselves.
- After ISU2016, all presentation data installed on the secretariat supplied PCs will be deleted.
[Speakers preview center]
|・Tuesday 19th July :||8:00 - 16:30|
|・Wednesday 20th July :||8:00 - 16:30|
|・Thursday 21st July :||8:30 - 16:00|
|・Friday 22nd July :||8:30 - 10:00|
Guidelines for Speakers of Moderated Poster and Free Poster
Venue: Convention Hall A
1. Poster Materials should be prepared in English.
- Presentation time for Moderated poster will be 3 minutes and discussion time will be 3 minutes.
- Poster presenters are expected to stand ready in front of their poster panels during the scheduled presentation time and discussion time with the presenter's ribbon on their chests, and to have presentation and discussion with other participants.
- All poster boards will be assigned with a number which corresponds to poster number.
- Authors are required to mount their posters on the designated board and remove them during the time specified below.
- Please use push-pins to affix your poster to the board firmly.
- Any poster left after the scheduled removal time will be discarded by the Secretariat.
2. Poster setup, presentation and discussion, and removal schedule
|Setup||19th July, 9:00-10:00||Push-pins will be provided by the secretariat.|
21st July, 16:50-18:02
|Please be ready in front of your poster panel to have presentation and discussions with other participants.|
|Free Poster (Discussion only)
19th July, 17:30-18:30
|Removal||21st July, 18:02-19:00||Posters not removed by 19:00 on 21st
July will be discarded by the secretariat.