The Japanese Circulation Society will present the Young Investigator Award (YIA) to young researchers who have achieved outstanding results in clinical or basic research, whether Japanese or foreign, with a view to facilitating the progress of cardiovascular research.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of March 31, 2022.
- Applicants must be the first author of an original article that has not been given any award and has not been either printed or published online as of September 28, 2021.
- Applicants must be available to make an oral presentation in English at the 86th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society.
- Multiple applications from one institution (laboratory) are permitted.
- Applicants must not be a past winner of the first place or second place in the YIA.
- Japanese applicants must be members of the Japanese Circulation Society.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
Please prepare document (2) using the prescribed form and documents (1), (3) and (4) in any format of your choice, and submit one original of each of these documents (no staples, no clips, double-side printing is permitted), together with their PDF versions saved to a disk or USB drive, to the Application Office of the Japanese Circulation Society. Originals of these application documents will not be returned to you.
(1) Original article written in English
(2) Curriculum vitae (Please use the form prescribed for each of the Basic Research and Clinical Research sections.)
(3) Letter of reference written by the research supervisor
(4) Application document checklist: Please check off the list to ensure that all the application documents are ready, and submit it together with the application documents.
NOTIFICATION OF PRELIMINARY SCREENING RESULTS
Around late December 2021
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARD WINNERS (Awards Ceremony)
The Japanese Circulation Society will announce the award winners and confer the awards at the Awards Ceremony during the 86th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society.
Winners will be awarded a certificate of merit and cash prize (200,000 yen for one first-place winner, and 100,000 yen each for two second-place winners).
For details of travel grants, please visit the website of this guide at:
August 24 (Tuesday) to September 28 (Tuesday), 2021 (no later than 17:00 JST)