Guide for the YIA for International Students
The International Committee of the Japanese Circulation Society awards the Young Investigator’s Award to International Students who are young researchers who come to Japan to do their research and who contribute to the progress of cardiovascular and related fields.
Each applicant must meet each of these criteria:
- Non- Japanese nationality, graduated from a university outside Japan and come to Japan to do a research, and have stayed in Japan for not more than 7 years as of March 31, 2020.
- A member(a regular member and an associate member) of the Japanese Circulation Society, and annual fee for membership must be paid before you apply.
- Under 40 years old as of March 31, 2020.
- Available to make an oral presentation in English at the 84th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society.
- The manuscript submitted for the YIA award must not be submitted for other awards of the Japanese Circulation Society at the 84td Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Non-winners of first place for YIA for International Students in the past.
RESEARCH FOR THE AWARD
Any basic or clinical science research in the cardiovascular or related fields that was conducted in Japan and has not been published as of September 11th, 2019. Applicant must have made major contributions to the research concept(s) and conduct of the research.
Complete the following 5 documents and submit them to the application office by registered mail. You should download ①⑥ and fill in the blank. ②～⑤Documents should be one original (A4, No stapled, no clip, Double-side printing is available, No special formats for these documents.) . ①～⑥ should be PDF data and put into disk or USB. The office will not return the documents regardless of the result for the award; the applicant is strongly encouraged to keep a copy of the original documents.
①Application Form (Downloaded it and written in English)
②Abstract: written in English, the length of abstract should not exceed 220 words without title, names and organizations
③Figures: no limit to the number of figures; all figures should be printed on one page
④Legends of Figures: the legends of document
⑤Certification of Qualifications: prepared and signed by the director of applicant’s research
Preliminary nominations will be made based on the application documents. Final nominations will be made at the 84th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society. Awards will be granted for two categories: First place (to one applicant) and Second place (to three to four applicants).
NOTIFICATION OF RESULT
Applicants will receive a letter with the results of the preliminary nomination. The Japanese Circulation Society will announce results of the final nomination and confer the awards to finalists at Awards Ceremony during 84th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society.
Period for acceptance
August 7th – September 11th, 2019 (No later than 17:00p.m. JST)
Application for the YIA International Students has been closed.
All documents must be sent to:
(YIA for International Students Award)
The Japanese Circulation Society (JCS)
18th Floor, Imperial Hotel Tower,
1-1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0011, JAPAN
Planning Group, Shizuka Yamada
Phone: 03-5501-0864 Fax: 03-5501-9855